T A V A S A
Transcriptionists and Virtual Assistants of South Africa (Est 2008)
Birthday Celebrations - 1 Year Old - 8th August 2009
It is our first birthday, time to reflect, what about our success, and what next for Tavasa.
Tavasa was founded in October 2008 by Gaynor Paynter from Typewrite Transcription and Typing Services and Alison Fourie from AMF Typing Services cc. We have run Tavasa for a year without both of us ever meeting, we liaise by using online messenger services and email, it shows we truly are virtual and are able to run a successful group this way.
We were the first group of our kind in South Africa, a Tavasa 1st. Tavasa was formed as there was a need for a support group within South Africa for Virtual Assistants and Transcriptionists.
Tavasa is heading in many directions, Recruitment, Chat Room, Support Group, Twitter, Online Forum etc; we want to be a force within the industry in South Africa.
· Provide support for people in our industries
· Bring together a group of professionals who can support each other
· Set standards for our industries in South Africa.
Because we like to have immediate access to queries that arise from our members, and because many people in South Africa still find it easier to access email on a regular basis as opposed to accessing an internet browser regularly, our main means of communication is an email discussion forum, and you can join our group at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/tavasa/
Our benefits to members include:
· Potential employment – preference is given to our TAVASA members for any leads we may have.
· Information on How to start a Virtual Assistant / Transcription Business
· Templates as requested, including financial, business, etc.
· Business contracts and forms such as agreements
· Business Contracts and forms such as
· Work Templates as requested
· Private help with rates calculations
· Exposure by publication of your articles and names on our blog.
You can also have a look at our blog at www.tavasa.blogspot.com.
Clients are very welcome to contact us too! We can meet any transcription or virtual assistant requirement.
Tavasa is successful. There certainly was a need for it in South Africa. Now VAs and Transcriptionists have a place to go to look for advice, mentoring, job leads, contractor leads, letting off steam, laugh and interact with each other. It is a place for everyone to let them know they are not sitting in their offices alone/lonely, there is support in the form of Tavasa.
The Virtual Assistant/Transcription Industry’s are growing daily within the country. Our aim is to spread news about the industries within our country and to make Tavasa a household name for people who work from their own offices, within their own environment.
We provide Virtual Assistant and Transcription services to clients, entrepreneurs, and business people.
We have a lot of experts aboard Tavasa in their fields.
One of our skills is we can provide a group of expert VAs or Transcribers for larger jobs that one VA/Transcriptionist cannot provide.
We provide the following services within our group, these are some of the skilled people within Tavasa, but there are many more of us:
· Transcription Services, Contact Gaynor Paynter at http://www.typewritetranscription.co.za/, Typewrite Transcription and Typing Services CC for more information on Transcription. Dictaphone typing used to be provided by the Boss recording his documentation into a cassette recorder using a cassette tape and now technology has moved forward. This service is growing The following clients are using Transcriptionists: attorney’s, doctors, firemen, conference venues, audio visual recording companies, insurance, students, corporates with disciplinary hearings and board meetings and there is now a lot more companies beginning to realise that they can also use our services.
· Virtual Assistants (VAs), Virtual Assistants work from virtual offices providing office administration, secretarial services to clients, entrepreneurs, and business people. Many offices are downsizing due to the recession, you will still need your office documentation typed, your meetings, and appointments arranged, your telephone answered, your invoices dispatched to your clients monthly, we can provide these services and more. For more information on Virtual Assistants contact Alison at AMF Typing Services cc, website: http://www.amftyping.co.za/ and http://www.vaforhire.co.za/ Cell: 082 871 3452, Office: 011 768 5028, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
· Damaria Senne is an Independent Writer based in Johannesburg. She used to specialise in the ICT field, writing news articles, features, case studies, web copy, and press releases on ICT-related topics. She has now broadened her scope to include relationships, HIV and AIDS, as well as career development. Client blogs that she works on daily include the OneLove Regional Campaign (www.onelovesouthernafrica.org) and The Software Engineer, a blog for software developers run by the Joburg Centre for Software Engineering (www.jcse.org.za) Email firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about Damaria and her work at http://damariasenne.blogspot.com.
· Virtual Office Assistance - Typing and Transcription focuses its services on typing and transcription services and extends their services in a variety of secretarial services which include email management, diary management, appointment setting, electronic payments, debtor correspondence, etc. With ample experience in working with people who are visual impaired and blind, VOA can assist professionally to prepare documents for the visually impaired, prepare it for brailling or assist people who are visually impaired to have a more meaningful experience in the office, via electronic assistance. Please visit our website: http://www.typingandtranscription.com or contact Tanya Joubert, owner of VOA - Typing and Transcription, can be contacted on Tel: (083) 510 1181, email: email@example.com, or fax: (086) 655 4381.
Tavasa is free to join and we welcome all new members: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/tavasa/.
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (22)
- ► 2013 (20)
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (45)
- French Transcriptionists needed Urgently
- Feature of the month August - Tanya Joubert - VOA
- What are we?
- Work at Home Moms
- An Entreprenuer
- Clients and payments
- Tavasa 1 year old 8th August 2009
- Rates and knowing how long it takes to do a task
- New Virtual Assistants
- Newbie VAs do's
- Lower Rates/Overseas
- Selling yourself as a VA
- ▼ July (12)