Monday, September 27, 2010

Definition of a Virtual Assistant

Hi as a virtual assistant, who do you think you are? I know what I am, I am a business owner and as a business owner I have the say in every aspect of my business. I know I am not a freelancer, temp, work at home mum, etc. I run a business like any other person, doing all the same tasks, only my services are different to that of say a plumber, architect, etc.
Virtual Assistant describes what I am doing, I work for many clients, providing different services, working completely virtual.

 
My Definition of a Virtual Assistant, from: AMF Typing Services
  • A Virtual Assistant is a person who works for many clients, providing office administration tasks, communicates with clients via telephone, email, Skype; we may never meet our clients face to face. A person who works independently from his/her own virtual office.
  • An office administration person, with at least 10 years of office experience as a PA/Secretary or Office Manager.
  • A person who can work alone.
  • A person with exceptional time management and prioritisation skills.
  • Someone who can run an office and liaise with clients on an ongoing basis.
  • Someone with a bit of management experience can learn quickly and who is at ease with software.
  • We have to be pro-active and assertive.
  • Virtual Assistants are Business Owners, who run their own companies, do their own marketing, networking, bookkeeping etc.

1 comment:

eluminouschaitu said...

Hi, I have been reading this blog for some time now but never bothered to comment until today. Wanted to let you know that I am a fan and enjoy your work. Thanks

Blog Archive